Saturday, March 20, 2010

blogger!

Is it just me or does the word "blogger" sound like a mild profanity?

Ever since I started this blogging thing, I'm getting a picture of how small my world-view is.

I have skimmed through a lot of blogs and have come across seriously good ones. No, I'm not naming names. Too many to mention.

I've found that (and I'm generalising here) blogs maintained by men are more objective and issue-specific.

The blogs maintained by women are usually subjective and personal.

I am in no way comparing myself with the guys here because I am specifically non-issue-ic. I leave that to people more knowledgeable than me.

But when I read through the blogs of other women, it kinda makes me feel small. While I just go on and on and ON about me, they write about their personal experiences so beautifully. Their writings are inspirational, insightful, funny yet informative, angsty yet not selfish or self-pitying, and all with a gracefulness of style that I can not hope to emulate.

They make me feel like a demented ostrich running wild among a flock of flamingoes.

So... will I write insightful, inspirational pieces? Focus more on others than on 'me? Write for a purpose, with a meaning?

Heck, no! That is exactly what I mean! That is not 'me'. I can't force myself to be all that. I can't make myself graceful when I have all the subtlety of a bazooka.

So, what's the point of this little missive, then?

Well, its just an acknowledgement of the fact that I remain incorrigibly self-centred. And also that I appreciate what other bloggers have done.

And that I really, truly appreciate the people who are kind enough to drop in, actually read my petty ramblings, and leave their comments here. You make me believe that the world has a place for shallow kinds like me :)

3 comments:

Lucy In The Sky said...

Ha...
Sometimes it's good to write things about ourselves. Helps us more focus, I guess. People still have a lot to learn about themselves even when they are a hundred years old. One day you'll read these posts and realize how much you've changed or not changed.

ku2 said...

hey Lucy.. having a mid-mid-life crush on John Mayer and he wrote a new song called "I found myself (when I lost you)" about 7 hours ago. Now, why'd I say that? :D

There's a saying that goes, "The more things change, the more they stay the same". If this is true, then it seems pretty pointless to introvert, tiro?

Lucy In The Sky said...

Why indeed :)