Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Procrastination

Calvin and Hobbes

http://imgsrv.gocomics.com/dim/?fh=e6d55bb037844a18e89e89cb3ad46154
:D Sorry, I suck at this... completely managed to make a hash of the punchline. Dont know how to minimise the image. Heheh. Go to the source that I have so thoughtfully provided. I dont know how to edit HTML's. Dont read further before checking the link..Apologies :D NOI. (By the way, what does this mean? Im assuming it means incompetence)

I'm like Calvin (aren't we all?). Inspiration for me comes with last minute panic. I admire those who are able to make a game-plan, stick to it and finish their work way ahead of schedule.

Me, I put it off, claiming that I'm not 'inspired' and then when the deadline looms just a few days away I get to work like a manic android on crack. Always has been and always will be? I hope not. I hope I stop claiming that I work best under pressure, with the rush of adrenaline. I hope I never cram frenziedly the night before an exam again.

Fact is, I'm just plain lazy. Take my dissertation, for example. I wasted a year waiting for inspiration. Beginning of this year, I started to get a teeny bit scared. So I went and started this blog. I'm expected to submit it by the first week of June and up till a couple of months back, I had completed just one and a half chapters. Then my guide informed me that they had rescheduled the submission dates on the second week of May.

So there I was, with books and xeroxed notes strewn all over my room. Me burning the 4 'o' clock oil. Working frenziedly to beat the clock. Made the deadline by a nano-second.

And then I'm informed that my submission date has been re-rescheduled for the second week of JUNE.

So here I am, unthreaded eyebrows, messy room, broken over-long nails, unwaxed limbs. Dark circles that would give a raccoon an inferiority complex. Body clock thrown out of whack. And where I have always been a little pale because I'm a little anemic, I now look like a blood-deprived vampire.

Maybe one day I will grow up and learn to make a schedule and stick to it. For now, I have a room and an internal body clock to straighten out. And I badly need a mani-pedi, waxing-threading session. Tomorrow... I'll do it all tomorrow... For now...

I just love Calvin and Hobbes cartoons sooo much. Irrelevant, I know. But I couldn't think of another way to end this post.
(BTW, does the link work? I carefully clicked 'copy URL' and then pasted it. If it doesnt go search gocomics for calvin and hobbes 'last-minute panic'. Huis, I know, Im incompetent. But the best part about blogging is that all incompetencies are sympathetically overlooked, right?)

27 comments:

Eveline said...

I know what you're talking about. I am totally unable to construct a decent schedule. But i prefer it that way. Schedules wear you down. You dont need that. And for exams the only learning you really need is the last minute kind. Yup, that's my two cents.

If you're in the 'compose' tab while writing content for your blog. Then click on the text or pic that you want linked and hit 'Ctrl' + 'K' and feed in your link. Drop in a line for more help if you need it. :)

jay-me said...

bhery nice (in our tone kher o)lolz dnt worry u have a handful/one-hundredth of the world-ful(???)of slackers out there who relate to ur story me included hehe kei phei cu im a couch potato lehngal so i feel u gurl..

Mizohican said...

NOI. (By the way, what does this mean? Im assuming it means incompetence)

ROFLLL!!!!!! NOI means "No Offense Intended". hahaha. It has nothing to do with the Mizo word "noi". :D :D :D Its a popular misual.com slang... kinda like its version of "kthnxbai". :)

But the best part about blogging is that all incompetencies are sympathetically overlooked, right?

No.

*oh the sheer cruelty! The dark cold apathy! I should rot in hell for this!*

:)

Someone the word procrastination always creeps me out. Because it sounds so much like castration.

Mizohican said...

*somehow*

ku2 said...

@Eve: Thank youuu!! You sure about the dropping you a line bit? You may have just let yourself in for more trouble than its worth. Im hopelessly clueless with this computery stuffs..
And procrastinators rule!

@James: I zawh hma emmm kha nang te chu :P I'm jealous. Get your potato off that couch and make me a sammich woman!(I veteran ve deuh hunah ka thusawi hi ila hrethiam mai ang, hihi)

@Illusionpherh: Yes, you should rot in hell and be castrated.

Lucy In The Sky said...

Wow...A lot of posts wile I was sick...I feel betrayed :P

I think I'm much like you. Though I usually have plans like wire frame that completely change as I go :)

ku2 said...

I knowwww... I was thinking "Where the hell is Lucy? I'm on a roll.." My blog's kinda empty without cha. Pasal neih hnuah reh vung2 daih awihloh

Blind Dayze said...

}:-) NOI.. for the words im gonna write..
I used to put in 'Procrastinator' on my blogger profile a long time back.. then one day i read a post in Otep Shamaya' blog which went..

Procrastination is like masturbation..in the end you are only screwing yourself..

after which i removed the procrast tag in profile with immediate effect..dont know if it's her own words or somebody else'

....i used to have a calvinNhobbes tee..lost it :-( .. i bet someone stole it..

there are so many "chat" terms that i do not know.. tip: invent some yourself n use them randomly at times :-).. ILYB!!!

ku2 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lucy In The Sky said...

Lol..Reh dawn lo reng reng..Ka tam tulh tulh ang :D

Blind Dayze said...

Hell bound includes me.. but really he's very nice and posts useful stuff for noobs sometimes on his blog..although he can be an Arse sometimes.. :D

just in case you are not using the new Post Editor in blogger this should help - first enable the NEW post editor then read about the improved image handling.. very simple + user friendly... very easy to resize pics to fit inside your layout..

..believe it or not i dont procrastinate anymore.. errr I just do it!!! nike.. :~)

Blind Dayze said...

how to enable the new post editor/image handling- link:

http://www.google.com/support/blogger/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=156829

ku2 said...

@Lucy: Yayy!! Nie, tam zawk tur, hehe. I blog update pawh a regular zawk tur ani, hria'm?

@Blind: Heyyy thankss! New editor enabled. Will experiment with it one gutsy night. Tren tren...
And dammit! I'm an Arse too, bleh :p

Mizohican said...

All I can write is this - :D

ku2 said...

GTH :P

Eveline said...

I'm serious. This is me evelinerajan@gmail.com

Mos-a said...

pic khi save la. resize la. imageshack.com ah reload la. upload the direct pic link from imageshack.com here on yer blog.

btw if you like C&H go have a look a this C&H strip. Its the SADDDEST C&H strip. :(

http://www.joeydevilla.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/calvin_and_hobbes_on_ritalin.gif

btw hmanni ah i blog ah luh ka tum a.. doppelganger.blogspot.com ah te ka lut a.. doppleganger.blogspot.com ah te ka lut a.. ka rilru hah hman rufs :D

ku2 said...

@Mosa: EEE, heihi lawm, saw it the other day, forgot to save it, tried searching for it..Forgot 'ritalin'. Used tags 'homework' 'hobbes stuffed toy' etc. Hmulo mai2 sin. Am almost as bad at searching as you. Thanks for the infos.

@Eve: I am sooo gonna take you up on your offer.. Thank you. I salute bloggers like you :)

___ K said...

procrastination is a virtue. celebrate it!

ku2 said...

Thats the problem, Kafka. I celebrated too lone :(

ku2 said...

*long

Mimihrahsel said...

comments khi a mak neih nuaih :D in type sual rem rum mai. hihi.. "unthreaded eyebrows" tih ka chhiar khian ka nui huk.. Pictured you :P I procastinate a lot! Something I always want to change in me, but don't know if I ever will..huis..

ku2 said...

Mims, ami? threaded my eyebrows last night so I dont look like I've got caterpillars on my face anymore.. Good to know I'm not the only "later-er" here :)

Mos-a said...

@cuckoo - me bad at searching? ka zawn chhuah reng khi mawli.

also this is the LAST CnH strip -

http://i.imgur.com/TzYIA.gif

ku2 said...

@K'u Mosa:
lesinge.org/ch/88/ch880605.gif

Inhnial i peih mai e a.

Jerusha said...

hahah I love procrastinating. As long as that last minute burst is sufficient to see you through, I think all people should procrastinate! And because I believe in this so much, if you see me in a plane, a bus, train, even sitting on a beach in Goa, I'm always frantically writing things that will barely meet their deadlines. 4 years and I've never gotten into trouble for it :D

The way I see it, the people who chose to plan it all out waste a hell lot of time and energy on the exact same thing the last-minute guys would spend an hour on. For example, in my case, my enthusiastic colleagues who do it way before time spend, let's see - 1 hour planning, a week writing, another week reviewing, editing, and then sit through it with another colleague to make sure all's well. How many hours does that comprise of I can't even begin to count. While yours truly takes 3 hours to write 10 reviews that the over eager colleague spends 3 weeks on. A damn good way to save time even if I do say so myself :P

ku2 said...

Lolllzz Jerusha, you make me feel soo good. I have been told ad nauseum to plan ahead and I never can and I felt a bit guilty that I like last-minute rushes sooo much. Seeing so many people in the same boat has made me feel abso guilt-free.. I guess this is one of the ways that we 'adventurous' people inject a little thrill into our lives, right? hehe