Monday, May 17, 2010

Poems

Loneliness came calling
Seeped in and settled down
So familiarly uninvited
Like an annoying relative
And I dont know how to entertain him
And I can't lay the table for him
For my heart is on it...
No I can't be drunk in his arms
He reeks of resentment
Of wishes unfulfilled dreams aborted
Bottled love choking at the threshold.

How I told him to leave me alone
yet he slowly slid in
With a sad tune and a sigh
smooth and cynical
like a lover who loves you not.

So I let the chips fall
Cut a deal
until morning
Till Lord says "Now"
I sit
with the cards close to my chest
To play a charade of contentment

-Sentinaro Alley.

*Sigh* I wish I can write poems. I looove this poem by old hostel chum and bully extraordinaire Naro. She writes about things I have never felt but feel like feeling one day- for a brief while. I'm really horrible with poetry, I can only write lonnnnng answer papers about the merits of a poem (I don't understand the cards thing in the last stanza of this poem, though, but it still sounds wonderful).

I think to write really good poetry, its not enough to just know a lot of words. Poetry feeds on emotion and experience and I guess I dont have enough of both. The poems I usually write fall under the category of "lame":

O Wallclock that hangeth on the wall
Thy hands doth move so slow;
As yet this boring lecture
Has not yet reached its mid-point.
O wallclock thou tormenteth my eyes,
For thou makest their lashes
To meet in a slumb'rous smbrace....

I wish I was a poet who "eat men like air" or "dance like I've got diamonds"

Oh hell, Naro is so going to kill me. All that sensual energy and I had to put my two paises worth and totally kill the buzz.

17 comments:

Mos-a said...

Kukui kha elaw i nih. I dam maw :D. I lo van ziak thiam ve mawle. (In general) I nilo maw ka ti tep a. hehe.

Mimihrahsel said...

ehhhh... lal amos-a ck tum ka phok!!! hahha.. kidding :D

Lalkuku, i ziah thiam reng khi, sala. keichu ka rilru ah chuan awm ve teuh, phuah chhuak thiam hlawl lo. Your'e lucky gurl.. you've got the talent. Sharpen it.

ku2 said...

@Mimi: nalh deuh khi chu ka ziah anilo, wallclock khi lom ka ziah, and theres no way that its good, heheh..kei aiin i ziak thiam feee, ehh..K'u Mosa hi chu eee, a damlai lusunna hnai angreng deuh ka hria aa...

@Mosa: thla leh hian fa an nei don sin :D

jay-me said...

like this???huh? duuuuuuh?

ku2 said...

eki, i blog chu chongtintoooti alommmm, 'r' i hmaih anih hiii..

okay people, read this girl's blog, she's very smart and very hep and very readable...

kha, ka lo publicise che, ka blogroll ah ka dah nghal bok che ngaaa, i chhelo bok sia, an ron zui luih2 mai ang che :D

Lucy In The Sky said...

Poetry hi chu tlar khat pawh ka la ziak lo. Ziah pawh ka tum duh lo :D A sawi a sawi mai mai pawh hi ka harsat a nia.


Ziak ziah rawh..I thiam hrim hrim ang. Lo post thrin la, constructive criticism ka lo pe ang che...NOT!!!!

ku2 said...

haha, a uang ang chi bak hi chuan ka thiam ve mawlh lo... khi ka thiannu chontintrooti khi ala thiam dawn chauh, univ poetry competition ah pawh 2-na a nia.. han enthla la, bawl zeuh2 la, nalh tawwk a ron phuh chhuak mai ang.. haha.

wallclock khi han critique chiah laaa :D

Mos-a said...

@ku-i: nia a pasal neih te kha chu ka lo hre ve alawm. hehe. good .

poem i ziah thiam loh mai bakah spelling pawh hi thiam lo nih hi -

To meet in a slumb'rous smbrace....

what is this word SMBRACE?

ku2 said...

K'u Mos, SMBRACE is younger generation speedtalk for 'sensual embrace'. Sorry, I should have provided a translatory note for you geezers...

tak2 a, i like the way it sounds, a diklo tih chu ka hreve reng alom. Ka correct peihlo (friggin' grammar nazi)

Mos-a said...

SMS EMBRACE ti zawk ila tha ang. SMS a "hugs" tih vel hi SMBRACE ka ti tawh ang.
Kpawh am the biggest grammzr nazi. I poem pawh nalh tih viau ka tuma mahse smbrace khian ka rilru a la peng rih.

@me-me hrahsel - i blog i van update khat (sarcasm);
in VC lim halna ah te i tel em?

ku2 said...

hmmmm..mimi chu ama blog ah va be ck ve mai la, midang blog atanga han chhaih kual vel du du kha..VC te ti vellll....

ka type sual ala plagiarise deuh2 :p :D

Te-a said...

I blog chu a va mawi nghiai nghiai ve le, Kan rilrua awm ve phak lo in ziak leh duah thin.

Vered Puii said...

With amos ud have to start with the basics like OMG,FYI,LOL........:DD

the wall clock poem is my pick if ask me ^^

ku2 said...

@Te-a: Style ah hian kan kalral mai ang tih chu hlauhawm khawp :D

@Vered: oho, has amos unleashed his dubious charm on u? i know he once snared a girl with his "hi, ctc? asl? can we do frenship" lines :D

hmmm.. u have very funny taste if ya pick the wallclock :p

Mos-a said...

@vered puii - rawn inkhawm rawh. i chak lovang. btw yuo are 20 and im er.. on the wrong side of er .. 30 so where is the respect. AMOS min ti lawl lawl suh. btw kurkure2 that's exactly how i made your sister fall for me. how'd you know.

Oh look new post about cats. Am so gonna make a lot of pussy cat jokes in that one..

ku2 said...

K'u Tluang, kal maii tehhh

Sentinaro Alley said...

LOL

but then all this mizo..