Saturday, October 9, 2010

weak blood

Once again my blood failed to make the cut. Low HB count. My grandma is battling cancer and she needs blood transfusions. Way back in March, on my Birthday, I tried to give her my blood but I was rejected back then too. And prior to that there has been numerous rejections because I was either underweight, or I had low BP or HB count.

I have a healthy appetite, Im generally healthy, I'm well-rested, I'm pretty fit. So why is my blood unfit for everyone else? My blood type is described as a "universal donor", but apparently there are strings attached that I'm unable to swing to. Anyone out there knows how to increase one's HB count? 

6 comments:

Mos-a said...

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+increase+one's+HB+count

copy paste mai rawh i browser ah thatchhe emai!

fanai ruata said...

I think you are not sleep well for sometime....cool down and take a sleep as much as you can....

Calliopia said...

I had the same problem many years ago with my HB count below 9. Took iron supplements religiously which hiked it up to above 11 and I was able to donate blood twice, though over a gap of 6 months, to my mother who was then also battling cancer.

jay-me said...

Yeah heard iron is good for the increasing the count. better not let anything wear you down, ;) and get more sleep, you spend too much waking hours.

jay-me said...

mistake khi chu lo enliam ve mai teh huizzz

ku2 said...

@Mosa: kthxbai

@Dr. Angel: yeahh, I really should. Thanks for droppin by.

@Miss C: Iron supplements er..give me the runs. Hadda take pills to regulate that, and one day I chucked all those pills away, heh. Civil Hosp said my HB had to be above 12.5, I think mine's somewhere in the vicinity of 11.

@Jaymes: There's no rest for the wicked :((