Saturday, August 4, 2012

Time




We went for a walk here, remember? And I said something that made you laugh. Do you know how much I like the feel of your laughter?

Did it rain that day? I can no longer remember. Memories of what we actually did and say have started to splinter. All I remember clearly is you.

We both loved that scene in “Meet Joe Black” where Brad Pitt and Claire Forlani kept looking back at each other when they met at that coffee place, just missing seeing the other person trun back. Then Brad Pitt gets hit by that truck. Funny thing, though, sweet-looking Claire has sex with Death, who inhabits Brad Pitt’s body. So there’s spiritual possession and necrophilia involved. Heheh. No, I didn’t come up with this bit of info on my own, surprisingly. It’s courtesy of… Cracked, yes you guessed it. I love that site. Maybe because I am, a bit, too. Cracked, that is.

I don’t know if you’ve seen that movie “Serendipity”. John Cusack and whatsername that hot vampire chick? Damn, I knew her name just a minute ago. Selene ti mai ang, her Underworld character. So they just keep missing each other, and Cusack is about to give up when he sees Selene’s hand glove or something, and then he finds her lying on an ice rink , I think, and he just lies down beside her.
How many misses before we find each other?

Time is funny, isn’t it, in all its arbitrary capriciousness, One minute you think you have all the time in the world, the next you realize how much time has gone by, and with it, how many missed opportunities.
Time goes by so fast and our lives are spent in the pursuit of so many meaningless things that one day you wake up to find you no longer know what to say, so you hold imaginary dialogues in your head. Or is that just me? Does anyone out there do it too? I think I might be a tad bipolar.

I want time. I want time to redo what we have done and the things we still have not done. I want to walk barefoot with you on grass where there are no leeches, worms or dog poo. I want to fly a kite with you, I want to do the dishes together while some old tune plays somewhere in the background. I want to read quietly while you do your own thing by my side. I want to fall asleep talking to you, I want time to fight with you, and make up soon after. I want time to play truth or dare till we run out of truths to tell, and dares to dare. I want time to re-watch “Up” and “Megamind” together. I want time to do your laundry and iron your shirt, though only on a one-time basis, the rest of the time you please do it yourself thankyouverymuch (Do you really not mind that I’m not a very domestic person?) I want time to hold endless,  senseless debates with you. I want time with you. I think I am OCD-ish about you.

I want time to kill time with you.

And I want to walk there with you again.

3 comments:

Mimihrahsel said...

That is a beautiful place! a perfect place for a perfect date. Khawi lai nge? hre ve duh!!

Your post reminds me of The Moffatts song:

"Isn't it funny how time seems to slip away, so fast
One minute your happy the other your sad"

Anonymous said...

Beautiful piece, as always. And he (whoever he is) is so lucky. I just hope he realises how lucky he is ;)

ku2 said...

@mimi: Shillong Ward's Lake, a sir kilah nihliap hnuaiah inngaizawng an awm sep sep a, nuam lutuk! :D

@ruolngulworld: He should! Lately, "he" is the only thing that inspires me to write :)