Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Unfinished

Nothing interests me for long these days. Same with the things that preoccupy me. Nothing holds my attention. So heres a series of posts that Ive started on, and then stopped. 


It sometimes seems like something out of a farcical movie, the way some of our policemen bungle things. While there are certainly good ones, there are those who think they are above the law, those who mess up forensic evidences, those who don't seem to understand what "police protection" means, and those who have absolutely no clue about the protocols involved in law enforcement.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------



There's a practice among certain churches to print out the list of money given by individual families to the church. Some families are lauded because they gave so much. I hate this practice because it smacks of that parable about the widow and that rich guy. The rich guy gave a lot, but the widow gave more, because, while her offering was a mere pittance monetarily, she gave as much as she could, willingly, while the rich guy's offering was just a drop in the bucket for him, and given not out of the spirit of giving, but out of a wish to appear generous. 


Its the same thing when we laud those who give the most in terms of monetary worth. The disparity in income among families is something that has to be taken into consideration. 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sometimes I think the reason why I love who I love has more to do with how they make me feel rather than who they are in themselves. Maybe that sounds screwed up. And maybe Im not the best authority on this love thing after all. I mean, how do you define love, really? 


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Ted's romantic quests in "How I Met Your Mother" grows tedious. Find the damn mother already. Damn him and Robin, the blue French horn and the rain-making and the welcome mat and the soundtrack that fits every damn situation. And Regina Spektor's "Better" playing at the end of that episode where he has to watch  the girl who left him at the altar cozying up to the other guy. Damn Ted for being such a love-whore. Why does he fall in love so easily and so often?  
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------


There is music that breaks your heart. The kind that makes you realise that other people too, know just what your'e going through, and that, while your experiences may be different, there is that universal feeling of loving and needing to be loved back... 


John Mayer makes heartbreak and the imminent death of a relationship sound so agonisingly wonderful. "Slow dancing in a burning room", especially that live performance in L.A, where the two guitars duel it out. (corn upcoming) . It sounds like the cry of two love-torn hearts locked up in a silent battle against what it is that drives them apart. 
------------------------------------------------------------------

In recent times, there has been an outcry among the older generations regarding how today's generation no longer live up to the values of Christianity and Mizo culture as so honourably upheld by them, our forefathers. One of the measures proposed towards re-instilling a sense of tradition and devoutness is the move to incorporate the Puan into the working lives of Mizo women.

Based on the way they talk about it, it would seem that the Puan is the repository of Mizoness and Christianity for Mizo women.
----------------------------------------------------------------

And nothing has changed. Im still the same. I still get bored easily. Im still unmotivated. Chaos still inspires me and calm deadens my muse, whatever I have of her. 




7 comments:

jay-me said...

Dear, everything's finished and completed...its just you wrote a little lesser than your usual applaudable lengths...welcome to the world of the averages but knowing you you've probably started to dismantle that authentic, speedy,A-one imagination of yours...

Calliopia said...

Chaos still inspires me and calm deadens my muse sounds like a great opening line to a poem if you ask me :) About the puan thingy, there was a this order or suggestion from either the MHIP or Art & Culture dept sometime last year that female college students should wear puan to class at least once a week. Needless to say, nobody even paid it any mind, yay. If we're going to talk about going ethnic, why don't Mizo men veng puan once a week too seeing it's their traditional wear!

ku2 said...

@James: I dont know how to keep things short :(

@Calliopia: I knowww. This really gets my goat. Maybe its related to the fear of women wearing the pants, figuratively. One small step towards talibanisation

puipuii said...

I can relate to this post.I have a string of incomplete writings and deleted posts. And the few that make it on my blog are a result of late night procrastination.

On the subject of 'puan': I think I would be a staunch supporter of the MHIP if they focused more on matters like the position of a divorced woman in our society. I mean, if you're harping about outward appearances like 'puan' its no wonder women are considered to be the more frivolous gender. Moreover, causes like these are a bit unoriginal and pseudo.

I'm very much into material things but sometimes you have to submit to the bigger causes.

ku2 said...

Yeahh, of all the causes under the sun, why do they have to harp on this one? The safeguarding of women's rights is more important than the imposition of outward Mizo-ness.

daniel said...

I'll leave the Puan issue to you ladies.
I'm a big fan of John Mayer, but haven't seen the video you are talking about,sounds interesting as I am a guitar 'enthusiast', and John Mayer plays Martin accoustics and Fender Strats, two guitar brands that I proudly own!!

ku2 said...

Very diplomatic of you, Daniel :) The concert Im talking about is "Where the light is. Live in LA". If you havent watched it, you really should. I bet you'd hit repeat over and over again :) The guy accompanying him on the guitars is all-out amazing!