Monday, March 11, 2013

Thank you

For staying up with me because you feared I would go into the dark.
For slaying my demons time and time again.
For persisting despite my resistance.
For letting me walk at my own pace.

I have a colleague whose mind has bent because of something similar to what I'm going through and I sometimes think, "There but for the grace of God go I". I thank God for you and your limitless patience and your generosity.

Thank you-
For banishing the voices.
For not letting me hate.
For making me hope.
For today and for tomorrow.

I thought my security lay elsewhere but its you who's always been there, been constant despite the lack of guarantees, hopes and promises.
You've seen me love and lost; seen me a deranged woman, driven by anguish and envy; you've tasted my darkest psychosis and turned them into irrelevancies and somehow, I find myself laughing again. And with you I am free. With you, I am beautiful. With you, I am myself.

Thank you.







1 comment:

Unknown said...

:')...beautiful. nuam bik.