Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Where my head at??

Had to go to the university today by bus, so that meant I had to leave the house by 8:15 to catch the bus. I'm not a morning person and in the rush to get ready, I stuffed overdue library books, certificates, make-up, money and a pen haphazardly into my huge bag. Nanoi was waiting for me at the bus stop, and she kept messaging, "Are you almost here yet?", and as I clambered frantically into a taxi, I typed out a hasty message about a truck causing a traffic jam. Sent it to the wrong person, who accused me of being an attention-whore, wth? :( And that was just for starters. So here's a brief point-by-point account of how I left my brains in bed.

1. Forgot my purse, so transferred all my money into Nanoi's purse. Realised I had forgotten to xerox copies of my synopsis and one of my certificates, so had them done at the univ. Realised I had forgotten my registration form, the specific purpose of which I had gone to the univ, so I went and bought a fresh form.

2. Went to the library. Had to fork over Rs.460 in late fee fines. Upended the contents of my bag because I couldn't find my money. Remembered I had kept the money in Nanoi's purse.

3. My airheadiness became contagious. Filled out some forms, went away, Nanoi realised she had taken the librarian's pen, went back to return it, came back with her purse which she had forgotten at the librarian's table.

4. Went to lunch. Forgot to pay.

5. Waited for our guide, Miz DDB. Thought I'd fill out the forms while we waited. Couldn't find it. Realised I must have forgotten to collect it from the clerk when I bought the form.

6. Begged one of the clerks at the department to give me a lift to the Examination Department to retrieve the form. Reached there, made the clerk search through his desk, and under it because I thought the form must've been blown away by the non-existent wind. Couldn't find it, so I was about to buy another fresh form when Nanoi called to say she had the form with her. I had asked her to keep it because my bag was too full.

7. Rushed back, met DDB. Filled out forms while she chatted with Nanoi. Wrote in the forms that I belonged to the "Department of England". Had to rewrite.

8. Couldn't recall the date when my synopsis was accepted by the Board. DDB suggested I call the other scholars to find out the date. I didn't have their numbers, so I asked Nanoi to scroll through her contacts list for their numbers. Belatedly realised my synopsis had been approved way before theirs was.

9. Went to the office, asked the clerk to search through the files for the date. Accidentally spilled file papers. Had to rearrange them back in order.

10. Finally managed to fill out my form, Got spooked out by DDB's tales of how hard it was to balance work, marriage and research. Leisurely headed for the bus back home. Found out I had forgotten to get my form signed by the HOD.

Which means I have to go to the Univ again. Siiighhhh. I have never felt this exhausted in all my life. I think I've missed out some things, but I can't remember what exactly now. Edited: Why is there those blank white spots down there? I typed something there, but its coming out like that! What's happening to meeee


Why is this happening to me ? :( 


Edited: Why is that white spot there???

5 comments:

Calliopia said...

Hahaha what a great read. Had me in splits. In fact I felt almost dizzy reading it through :D

Reflections said...

Nice memoirs... your style of writing is very interesting... keep it up. :-))

Mizohican said...

lolzzzzz... have never laughed that hard in a longgg time XD great adventure you had!

Now I know how DDB must have felt when she wrote that FB status :)

And lolz, the white spots are there because you used the text background command and set it to white (prolly by mistake). I can read it on my google reader as that prohibits native commands but its visible on your blog since it was done on the post itself. Just edit your post, go to HTML mode and delete the following command < span style="background-color: white;" > and its correcponding < /span > command at the bottom. White space gone.

Lolz, that was so cute :)

ku2 said...

@calliopia: I've become more scatter-brained than usual, lately. I thought I was seriously experiencing an early onset of dementia :(

@Dr.John: Thank you :)

@Mizohican: wut? How did that happen anyway, I didn't change anything as far as I know, and that has never happened before. Yeahh, that day felt pretty surreal :D

Mimihrahsel said...

hihihihi..I can picture you with Nanoi, wish I was there with you to forget more things :D and maybe Remi too, to keep us entertained while we forget things :P