Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Can I write a Cosmo-type Article?

The Shocking Truth Behind His Shirt Preferences!!! (P.S. Ladies, This Could Save Your Life)

A guy's shirt preferences reveals who he really is, and how it can determine whether he's a keeper or an abuser. We break it up for you and also reveal what you can do to change his shirts and his personality.
By Perodita Fauxness

While a shirtless man is the ideal (Rowr!) it's a sad fact of life that more often than not, our men will insist on being clothed. While you might be concentrating on how the blue in his shirt makes his eyes pop, or how the colours give you an epileptic fit, his shirts actually reveal what's under the surface. No, that's not what we mean. Read on!

RUN!!
1. The Pastel Shirt Guy:  While a dude who likes his pastels (think pale yellow, baby blue or pink) might come off as a gentle man in touch with his feminine side, ladies- take heed! This is no gentleman! Dr. Pomona Fengfooey, author of the bestseller "Colours and the Mind" says, "Light colours detracts from the darker side of one's personality, so a shady personality type might choose those colours to appear less shady". The seemingly nice baby pink-wearing- nerd from Personnel who likes photography? - sweetie, his pictures are probably more "Upskirt Mart" than "Photographers Weekly"!

Baggage!!!
2. Solid Coloured Shirt Guy: Think blacks solid greys, navy blues, maroons, olive greens and browns. He seems lime a steady personality type, right? Oh no, sweet Mary, no! Just as pastels hide shadiness, solid colours hide the insecurities of a washed-out man! Men who prefer shirts like this, according to a research carried out by students at the University of Wiketa, are men with more baggage than a 747 can carry. Don't trust em!


Run Faster!!!

3. The White Shirt guy: Screams "Control Freak"!!  A guy who prefers wearing a colour that can magnify every little blemish, wrinkle and stain is a guy who tries to control his surroundings and everyone therein! If he lasts the day without a single speck on his pristine white shirt, then there is no clearer indication that he's a fussy, nit-picking, obsessively careful dude who will insist on every facet of your relationship being just as perfect and pristine!



4. The Stripes, Checks and Patterns Guy: Boring! Dr. Fengfooey reveals that people who prefer prints usually have mediocre intelligence, limited imaginations and are remarkably staid in bed. Nothing more needs to be said.

The Sweetheart! <3
5. The Bright, Loud multi-coloured shirt guy: Yes, he makes you feel like your'e ODing on LSD, and you think he has no sartorial know-how. But the bright shirted guy is actually a maverick and an artist at heart. He dares to go where few men have gone, and the colours reveal the depth, intensity and many-splendored-ness of his mind. This one's a keeper. Just invest in a few pairs of shades and your'e good to go.

Now that we've told you how to suss out a guy's personality via his shirt preferences, take a look at your man's wardrobe. If his shirts are solid coloured or patterned, drop a pellet or two of testosterone pills into his morning java and baby- he'll switch to a bright coloured shirt in no time! And if he wears pastels or, God forbid, white shirt, then get out of there ASAP. Get a new face, a new life, enter the Witness Protection Programme. Just run, baby, run!!

Eye Candy-Just Like That.

Since these findings are so new and recent, we have been unable to get real stories from real women like you and me. But be aware. Next time a news item pops up on the abuse of women, check the abuser's shirt. Nod wisely. Maybe that unfortunate woman did not read this article or maybe she chose to ignore it- and that's why she ended up like that. But you know better, right sister? So be aware.



20 comments:

jay-me said...

I choose shirts for my brother and my bf and they gladly wear them. So, they dont seem to fit into any of these categories and they also happen to dig all the said colours including the last one. I guess we can say they are "human"? I zero-father chuan shocking pink a duh tlat mai ngah hehe :))

Aduhi Chawngthu said...

After reading this post I hereby pronounce you fit to write a Cosmo-type article in Cosmo or Zawlaidi or any other magazine.

It really sounds like a Cosmo article, complete with the eye catching headline and the pics. You just gave me an inferiority complex. Keep them coming!

Calliopia said...

Hahaha, love, love, love this! So gonna save it on my HD, screaming, pssst-y, multi-coloured fonts, et al. And you hit paydirt with The Pastel Shirt Guy. A Mr. Light Coloured Shirt I know did turn out to be Upskirt Man. You should've come up with this five years ago, huiss.

mnowluck said...

hahaha.. I'm not on the list :D

ku2 said...

@Jayme: My zero Father chu exceptional bik lutuka, engpawh ha se, a mizia a ngai reng :D

@Aduhi: Haha, thank you, thank you.

@Calliopia: Hiih, I nearly edited the post to include your comment as part of the "Real Stories from Real Women" section.

@Mnowluck: I thought I covered all the options. What did I miss out? Damn!

Mizohican said...

Thumbs up! Your versatility knows no bounds.

*Like*

Lal Jo-a said...

Hmmmmm.....I prefer the Pastel Solid Bright Stripes Multi-coloured shirts, im confused :-O

Jerusha said...

Wow! I'm impressed at your beauty magazine readiness! LOL at the white shirt guy picture..good find! Now all I can think of is 'Shit I've never bright, Loud multi-coloured shirt guy!! Oh noooess!" haha and I've dated all of the other bad colored shirt guys. Would explain why I'm still unmarried. You should totally write for the female mags. I know some people in Elle, if you want me to pass on your resume, feel free to send it along :))

Makima said...

I'm always accused of favoring "in-between" colors. I wonder what that says!

ku2 said...

@Mizoetc:Thank you!!!

@JosephL: You're bipolar, sorry.

@Jeruuuu: Thank youuu :D you really shouldnt believe everything you read in mags and mag-wannabes. Elle? Heck, definitely maybe, but not for fluff pieces, please! :D

@Makima: Schizophrenia with a mild case of paranoia :p

Vikram said...

The Texas summers turned my entire 'wardrobe' into (formerly) white color shirts.

Let me explain the formerly, being too egalitarian (or too lazy) to separate colors and whites before drenching, spinning and drying them, many of my white shirts acquired a subtle shading of a still undetermined color. Stains of any kind are mostly ignored.

I still wear them happily. Wonder what that makes me.

Anonymous said...

Hello,

My name is Ravinder Khanna, lawyer representative for Cosmopolitan Magazines (referred to as CM in the rest of this email).

I am writing on behalf of CM to lodge a formal complaint against you and Google Inc, USA.

We object to this kind of article being put out on the internet in what seems to be a clear attempt to malign the name of our esteemed client CM and my clients consider this to be a slanderous attempt from you to besmirch the well respected name of our client.

If you wish to use the name Cosmopolitan™ in further articles you write about Cosmopolitan™ I on behalf of my clients request you to remove this article before the 10th of July 2011 failing which I will be forced to send you a notice requesting your appearance in person at Dhula Kuan Civil Sessions Court, Delhi.

regards,

Ravinder Khanna
Lawyer (i/c Libel and Slander Dept)
Khanna,Mishra,Shukla and Bhalla Associates.
102, Court House Road, Lodi Gardens
New Delhi 110029
Phone: 011 - 21987877
email ravinderkhanna@khannamishrashuklabhalla.co

Mizohican said...

Bwahahaaaaaa! Mos aka Ravinder Khanna :D

ooppsss... party-pooper me? :D

Mos-a said...

@mizohican: ? I'm not Ravinder Khanna. TIang em em in mi ka bawl peih lo !

ku2 said...

@Vikram: a compulsive, shady guy with a touch of goodness, perhaps?

@Ravinder Khanna: I contacted Cosmo and they have started proceedings against you for perjury. Also, the Indian Board of Lawyers Association have informed my lawyer that they are taking this seriously. I shall also be counter-suing you for mental aggravation.

@Mizohican: and the party isnt pooped out yet!

Anonymous said...

@ravinderkhanna..Cosmopolitan Cosmopolitan Cosmopolitan Cosmopolitan Cosmopolitan Cosmopolitan Cosmopolitan Cosmopolitan Cosmopolitan Cosmopolitan Cosmopolitan Cosmopolitan

Sentinaro Alley said...

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHA...this is freaking funny...you probably have a crush on some guy who wears multi colored shirts hahahaaha

and What's with this Cosmo lawyer guy FUNNiieeeeee!!! MAN GET A LIFE!!!! on second thought Kuks you have given cosmo some jitters....jeeez woman arnt you something hahahahahahha

Eveline said...

White shirts exude professionalism. No other colour or style of shirt is as professional or formal. Maybe pastels could come close. And black for night outs.
Of course, these are all the colours my husband wears. Mostly white, cos he's a bit of a neat-freak. And i dont mind, cos i'm a neat freak too. :D

But I must that I love his shirts with French cuff. And I'm all for good quality shirts no matter which colour (of course not a ridiculous turquoise blue or something), but I am a shirt snob. It's my husband's fault. He kept buying all these gorgeous hi-end shirts. Seriously... it makes my knees weak.

Axis Pedals said...

This is frigging funny.
What's the deal with this COSMO lawyer guy.That message just reads a lot like Nigerian Scam.LOL

Unknown said...

Collar is a portion of a shirt that is very important.The shirt is not just an ordinary piece of clothing daily. He was able to give impact on performance in every occasion.Great collection man so good http://www.trendin.com/louisphilippe/mens-jeans-8